Thursday, 9 January 2014

Bound by Prophecy - Mellissa Wright

I am going to start off by saying i did not get very far into reading Bound by Prophecy - Mellissa Wright, Had I of managed to get further into the book i may have found that I liked it a lot more. 

That said this book was disappointing, I know you should never judge a book by its cover but I totally did
The cover is exciting and serious with lovely colours and beautiful models. 

The book starts and it feels like you are already halfway into a story, the characters seem to already know each other even though they only just met and I honestly found it difficult to get past the first few pages. I did however soldier on to find out what the book was about ( I imagine the main characters are some sort of paranormal being) but i never got past the fact that they were being chased by a bad guy who they were on first name terms with, this bad guy had not been discussed previously and I am still not sure what they were being chased for.

This makes me think that maybe I stumbled upon a series and had not begun at the beginning.  
I am definitely not saying do not read this book but it was not for me. I normally hate to quit on a book before the end ( I need to know endings) but after a few chapters I did not relate or believe in either main character and so I put it down.

:( Em x