Monday, 20 January 2014

Carrie - Kimberly Peirce movie review

I was a little scared to watch this film as I don't usually enjoy horror films however I have seen the original version of this movie.

It is about a girl (Carrie) who is very sheltered at home by her mother who is extremely religious, at school she is ridiculed by her peers and is basically not having a very good time of it. Carrie who is played by Chloe Moretz discovers her first period while showering in gym class and things just go down hill from there.

There are a few changes in this version of the movie from the last ( as you would expect) but I generally enjoyed it. I wasn't at any point scared which for me was great but if you are a horror fanatic you probably want to be a little bit frightened. I had not seen Chloe Moretz in anything as far as I am aware but i thought she played this part beautifully, she was awkward to start with and then a little bit psycho towards the end of the film. 

The only thing that I was disappointed by was some of the special effects. I think I have seen effects better on video games than in parts of this movie, That said it did not ruin my experience.

I hope you enjoyed this review leave any feedback or comments below, it would be received most gratefully :)    

EM x