Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout (Review)

This is my first book review but reviewing books is something i would like to get into for the new year. 

This is a review for Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout however I am currently half way through the third book so i will just review the story so far. I am going to try and do so without giving  too much away. 

I started this book as I had seen it on a youtubers what to read post. When i went to look on amazon (i have a kindle) it was free so i thought why not?

The story begins with a regular girl who has moved from the city to try to escape the memories of her dead father and move on. Her mother works away a lot and she is left to her own devices. She meets a dark and moody boy who lives next door and they do not hit it off. This boy is central to the story for the next few books. If you like the paranormal and teen romance fictions then this will be right up your alley. 

I was not expecting much from this series but I now find my self just having a little read on the way to work and in bed and instead of watching TV. Jennifer Armentrout has me well and truly stuck in the need to find out what happens next for the couple and their friends. Jennifer writes In similar styling to Addison Moore and the book is from a mostly female perspective however the end of each book allows us a glimpse into Deamons head allowing us to see important scenarios from his eyes and allows us to understand why the moody boy behaves the way he does.

I so far would give this series a 8.5 out of 10. I am enjoying it however the ending to a series can be tricky and keeping my interest will be the decider as to whether this book is a must read.

I hope you enjoyed my review. 
EM x