Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Shadow of Utopia - Luke Shephard Review


The artwork for these books is not the most exciting however it is relevant to the story but I read this collection of books on my Kindle so I didn't have to look at the cover once I had begun to read the books.

The story is set on Earth in years to come after the inhabitants have been infected with the "Death Mark" some have managed to avoid this and they live on Utopia. This is not your typical young adult romance and although the books are not very long I found this book very enjoyable to read. 

I liked the characters and how they each had different strains of the "Death Mark", I liked the conflict between the Mutants and the Utopian's and for a girl who loves a Disney ending I have surprised myself by enjoying the ending.

If you are looking for a book to get into and dissolve into a different world then I wouldn't think that this book would be long enough. However if you are looking for a fun after earth read, something new and exciting then this is the collection for you!!

EM x