Thursday, 3 July 2014

A little beauty review


I bought a few makeupy bits last week and today was the first chance I got to try them out. Wearing new makeup makes me very excited and these three things are 100% things I'm glad I purchased.

1. Eyeko's Skinny liquid eyeliner in black.
 
"The nib on it is the perfect shape and size and it gives you control. It gives you such precision and is the thing I find easiest to use when I'm drawing on eyeliner... which you know I'm addicted to."  Alexa Chung, VOGUE

- Moisturising Sodium Hyaluronate  
- Intense single-stroke colour
- No smudging or fading
- Long-lasting
- Easy application
- Paraben-free formula
- Best used on clean, oil free lids

This is a fine liner as the name suggests and it is designed like a felt pen. These styles of eyeliner suit me best because of how easy they are to put on even if your a little bit wobbly. The colour is super dark and the style of the pen is so sleek that it has found its way into my handbag already. If you struggle with applying eyeliner I would definitely suggest this liner. I am yet to try exciting styles with my liner but I think that this pen may help me brave it out!! Love this!

2.  Collection 2000 - Big Fake Ultimate Mascara

Now with lengthening and volumising claims COLLECTION favorite Big Fake Mascara has been improved with a bigger, better & bolder formula than ever before to create the ULTIMATE Mascara!! Thicken, volumise and lengthen your lash-look with this best-seller. Plumps and stretches each individual lash without clumping or smudging, for a bigger, better lash-look.With a dual-benefit, water-resistant formula that provides luscious length and triples your lash volume
Boots.com

I accidentally picked this up in brown/black when I normally buy black and so I expected to be disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised. I have tried this for the last few days underneath my regular mascara and it has been great but today I wore it on its own and my eyelashes still feel big and long. The boots website even has a tutorial on how to wear it if your not sure. 

3. New Kidd cosmetics - Lip and cheek tint

I was not expecting great things from this product because I have never used or heard of this brand before ( I'm sure I live under a rock). There is a lot of colour on this tint which I wasn't expecting as i have used other tints before with very little colour pay off. I found it very moisturising as well. I hate!!!!! the packaging for this product and I would not be brave enough to put this on my cheeks.


Thanks For reading.

Em x