Thursday, 3 July 2014

The Deepest Cut - J.A Templeton


Sixteen-year-old Riley Williams has been able to see ghosts since the car crash that took her mother's life and shattered her family. Guilt-ridden over the belief that she's somehow responsible for her mom's death, Riley is desperate to see her mother's elusive spirit to gain her forgiveness. 

When her father moves the family to Scotland so they can all start over, Riley believes her life couldn't get worse––that is until the ghost of nineteen-year-old Ian MacKinnon catches her purposely cutting herself. An uneasy truce quickly turns into friendship, and soon Riley's falling hard for Ian. 

Riley believes her gift could help Ian end the curse that has kept him tied to the land for centuries, but that would mean letting him go forever and she's not sure she is strong enough to do that. As if her life wasn't complicated enough, the malevolent spirit of the woman who killed Ian returns and she'll stop at nothing to keep Riley from helping Ian find eternal peace. 


I loved this book from the very beginning to the very end. Firstly its a free book on Amazon kindle but don't let that fool you. Its a romance and a horror all rolled into one with a few ghosties thrown in for good measure. 

This book kind of like a twist on Ghost Whisperer. I liked that there was a nod to a few problems that teens face. (Cutting, Drinking, not fitting in etc) I think that this book really allowed me to feel for the characters. Yes the relationship between Riley and Ian happened quickly but when the sparks there time doesn't matter. This wasn't a negative for me because it stopped me getting bored of the will they wont they that happens in so many books. There were characters to suit everyone, good, bad and evil!! the scary bits were really quite scary and I'm not very easily spooked. 

The deepest cut has had some negative reviews but I think people need to bare in mind that this book did not cost you anything! It has a great story and no it might not be everybodys cup of tea but who wants that anyway? Not me!! 

I loved this book and have gone on to purchase the second book in the series. I have read books that are more popular than this that have worse stories or characters so I say well done Julia Templeton and thanks for providing me with a great read.

Em x