Thursday, 17 July 2014

The Departed - J.A. Templeton


So I finally finished the third and kind of final book in this set. There is a fourth titled The MacKinnon Curse however I think that I am happy ending the series here. The third book was my favourite book of the three however all three of the books were just brilliant.

The Haunted introduced us to a stronger and braver Riley who wasn't as focused on boy drama as she has been in previous books. ( I personally enjoyed the relationships). I loved the girl power feel of this book and how Riley wanted to protect her friends. She managed to over come challenges with her dad and with herself and the limits of what I could handle on the scary front were pushed.

Its difficult to express how much I enjoyed this trilogy without talking about things that may spoil the experience for people who have not read this book so I will keep this short and sweet.

I loved this read

Em x