Saturday, 30 August 2014

Abandon Meg Cabot




After the accident, 17 year old Pierce tries to start over. But even after moving to a new town and starting a new school, he still keeps showing up — always when she least expects him, but exactly when she needs him most.

One thing she knows for certain: John Hayden may be irresistible, but he’s no angel. 

But if Pierce lets herself fall any further, she may just find herself spending all of eternity in the one place to which she swore she’d never return . . . .

. . . his world: The Underworld.

Wow, Wow, Wow!! John Hayden is officially my favourite male character in a book ever which is saying something if you consider my previous favourite was four. If this book is ever a film I hope that they cast someone who looks exactly as described. 
Anyway enough about my new love and more about the story.

This plot was interesting from the start and although there were a few fairly complex flash backs throughout the story I was still able to keep up. I know that there are things about this book that I should hate like Pierce and how she flips between her emotions, how easily she ditches her cousin and how she talks about her rich daddy but I actually found that those things made it easier than your usual girl meets a fit boy falls in love some kind of drama and the happy ever after. 

I managed this book in two sittings but once I was three quarters of the way in I couldn't sleep until I had finished the book. I have read reviews that speak negatively of the set up of the story, saying that the book is boring. I didn't find that at all I enjoy knowing a little bit more about the characters.     

Thanks For reading

Em x