Monday, 6 October 2014

Stone Faced Angel by Marie McKean Review


There are some things I know for sure:
1. I died . . . a long time ago
2. Even in death I was always aware of him.
3. Love has a way of making even angels choose to leave their heaven above.
 

I am going to do this review a little bit differently than I normally do. I did completely enjoy the book but there are a few niggly bits that I didn't like so much but rather than dwell on them I am going to start with what I did liked


I loved both of the main characters in this book and I really enjoyed how Maura's and Brandon's relationship developed over time rather than immediately. The character development was great, I really felt connected to all of the characters. For the first half of the story nothing much happens other than the budding romance but I though that was great I was really invested in their love by the end of the book. When the action kicked in it really got going, It was exciting and thrilling I enjoyed the scary storyline towards the end. There was a fantastic mix between good characters and baddies who are not what you would expect. Marie McKean is amazing at describing the people and the places so much so that you can almost feel like you are there with the characters. 
I loved that the ending was a surprise I don't think anybody reading would guess what will happen in the end.

I wish there was a little more talk about Maura's past, I found the concept so interesting and we did get exciting glimpses here and there but i think for me that would of taken this book up a level. I hated every single time one of them said the words "Babe" or "Boo" I get that this a way to show their affection for one another but Marie McKean has amazing descriptive skills that these words do not need to be used.

I did really enjoy reading Stone Faced Angels and would be excited to read the second in the series. 


Thanks for reading 

Em x