Sunday, 4 January 2015

The retribution of Mara Dyer: Michelle Hodkin Review

15768409

I read the first book in this trilogy in October of last year and have been unable to control myself when it comes to the next instalments. I could not wait to find out what happened to poor Mara Dyer.
The retribution of Mara Dyer is in my opinion the best book in this trilogy. 

The start of this book is terrifying, set in the scary hospital. Mara has a really bad time of things. Not only is this book amazing but it is also a bit of a horror and I love that!!

Every spare second that I had I spent reading this amazing piece of work. Completely gripped and intent on finding the conclusion to this sad and scary love story. The plot was easy to read and had no nonsense so it was extremely fast paced. I loved how quickly I could understand what was going on. The book was jam packed with huge twists and turns from start to finish.

Unlike other stories with a mystery too them I caught on when Mara did and not several chapters before which helped keep me interested and wanting to read on. In the first book I will admit I was not a fan of teh supporting characters and although my feelings towards them grew in the second book it wasn't until this third book I felt like I really got to know them. I did miss Noah quite a lot at  the beginning of the book.

The last line in the book was my absolute favourite ending of any that I have ever read before. I don't want to spoil it by quoting but I will say that it had me questioning everything I read in the entire series.

I love, love, loved this entire series!!!

Thanks for reading

Em x