Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Powerless by Tera Lynn Childs and Tracy Deebs Review


Kenna is tired of being "normal". The only thing special about her is that she isn't special at all. Which is frustrating in a world of absolutes. Villains, like the one who killed her father, are bad. Heroes, like her mother and best friend, are good. And Kenna, unlike everyone else around her, is completely ordinary— which she hates.

She’s secretly working on an experiment that will land her a place among the Heroes, but when a Villain saves her life during a break-in at her lab, Kenna discovers there’s a whole lot of gray area when it comes to good and evil and who she can trust.. After all…not all strength comes from superpowers


I requested this book mostly because of the cover, It looked intriguing and I know that is not the right way to pick a book but I didnt even read the blurb I just went for it. I then started to read. When I realised this was a Hero vs Villain hoo haar I wasn't excited to continue on but I did. I am so so glad that I did because if i had not of carried on I would not have had this amazing adventure. 

Kenna is our main girl she is an ordinary, no powers to speak of. She works with her super smart mum in a laboratory which is run by the Heroes. She conducts her own little experiments and takes a special injection that her mum gives her weekly to protect her for powers. She was funny!!! It was unexpected but I was amused by Kenna's sarcasm and ability to argue constantly.

Talk about Bad Boy, Draven is not only a Villain but he is dark and has a temper that he can only just control obviously for Kenna's sake. I enjoyed the wide selection of powers that were briefly discovered in this book and I am excited to learn more about them in the next book.The unlikely bunch have a really hard time trying to rescue villains from a good lab turned bad and the ending left me a little more than sad and needing the next instalment.     

I like that the plot sort of has a moral. Are the good guys always good? are the bad guys always bad or does everyone have a bit of both inside?

Amazing book, Terrific plot.  5 out of 5.

Thanks for Reading

Em x