Tuesday, 12 May 2015

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven


18460392
After all the positive hype that has surrounded this book I wanted to pick it up to see what all the fuss was about. 

Violet and Finch are polar opposites and probably would never in a million years have got to know each other. They both are into poetry and writing and this is referenced a lot throughout the book. Finch is suicidal or bi polar and Violet's sister was killed in car accident that Violet blames herself for and together they try to muddle through. 

The writing was nice and I enjoyed the double perspective. I liked the wandering that they did together and how the two main characters interacted with each other. At first everything was strange and awkward but eventually it settled into a relationship. 

I gave this book a four stars on goodreads because it did make me emotional and I enjoyed the plot a lot however I did have a couple of issues with it. There was a lot to contend with. Bi Polar, suicide, child abuse, neglect, car accidents. I would have liked more time with Violet and Finch but overall the book was beautiful.

Thanks For Reading

Em x