Tuesday, 11 August 2015

The Beast Within by Serena Valentino

17428643

I bought this book while I was in Disney world on my hooneymoon. I found this one and the snow white on in with the villains collection so obviously I had to pick it up. The cover is stunning and under the duck jacket is a picture of the prince himself. 
When I got back and looked them up on goodreads I was disappointed, the reviews are not very good. 

Personally I loved this book. I liked the idea of reading about beasts life before Belle and finding out what really happened with this curse. This story was darker than the Beauty and the Beast we all know and that suits me just fine I liked the darker undertones to the plot. 

A lot of the complaints with this book for other readers (not myself) revolve around character development but come on people if you don't already know who Gaston is or Belle then what are you reading the book for in the first place?

The story brought in Ursula from the little mermaid which was a fun little twist in the story. I liked the too and fro between the witchy sisters i thought that was a fun little addition to the plot.

Gaston is by far one of my favourite Disney characters and this book just confirmed why I love him. He isn't as wicked or as bad as the disney movie made him he was attacked by his former best friend in beast form and was manipulated by the witches. 

I really really liked this story. If you get the chance to read it I would say definitely do it just adds a little bit more to the story I am already so much in love with.

Thanks For Reading 

Em xx