Thursday, 13 August 2015

The Elites by Natasha Ngan

16070141

Pros
The Cover is pretty, I like the butterfly that I assume represents butterfly and I sort of like the image of Silver.

Silver and Butterfly are brilliant characters. I love their names and their attitudes. I think we see their growth beautifully through the book especially Butterfly who experiences an awful lot of heart ache in the space of three short chapters.

I found the concept of Neo-Babbel interesting and the DNA chips.

Cons
The title on the cover as well as the white background makes the book look cheap in my opinion. 

There are so many good dystopian books available now for young adults that they all need to be amazing to compete and this one just wasn't amazing. It was OK but that's all.

Silver and Butterfly's friendship seemed real but when things began to escalate I didn't think it added to the story. It felt as though it was thrown in as a last minute attempt at adding romance to a story full of action.



I just didn't enjoy this book as much as I had hoped to. like I said it wasnt particularly bad it just  wasn't very good either but you make your own decision. Have you read it? do you love it?

Thanks For Reading

Em x