Thursday, 22 October 2015

Die for me by Amy Plum

9462812In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.


Amy Plum takes Paranormal somewhere different. It was refreshing to read about something other than vampires and werewolves. The Revenants were really something special, they were lively and full of character. 

Kate is a shadow of herself when she arrives in Paris due to her parents death and her grandparents are worried about her. Until she meets a boy and she seems to brighten up a little. 
I don't think I have read a book set in Paris before but I have been to Paris so I found it interesting to read about the streets and the destinations.

I liked all of the characters except Georgia, there was just something about her that annoyed me. She went out to bars and clubs all the time and still maintained school. She was the one that got the Revenants into trouble in the story because of her stupid antics. I found Charlotte bouncy and fun and in a dark story sometimes you need a little bit of that. 

It was quite dark for a YA with the main characters focusing on death quite a lot, Its kind of what they do. There was also the romance going on between Kate and Vincent which was quick but still nice. I liked that Kate still went to school because it really annoys me when a character manages to spend every second with a new boyfriend like nothing else exists. 

Obviously Vincent is gorgeous, mysterious, powerful and romantic as are the majority of boys in YA books. I thought that he was interesting in the way that he explained everything to Kate. 

I enjoyed the read and it was very well paced. I read it quite quickly and wanted to continue reading the story. I gave it a 4/5 on Goodreads. I am not sure if this has a series but if it does then I will be picking it up. 

Thanks For Reading

Em x