Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

5287473



These are the two cover styles that I have come across for the first book in this series, personally I much prefer the second one. 

This book was lots of fun to read. There are tons of different characters with different powers and abilities to read about. Hex Hall is kind of Harry Potter meets Wild Child meets Saint Trinians.

Sophie was easy to relate to because she was a bit of a wally. She isn't a very good witch and she is just on the wrong side of awkward. Sophie certainly is not a popular kid. Sophie has sarcasm which I love a heroine to have, basically she just seems like a normal teenage girl with magical powers. I like that she is a bit naughty and doesn't really care about being in trouble.

Archer was a bit dull. he was the same as every other male character until he turned out to be the baddie. Obviously something fishy is going on there and I will need to read the next book to find out what it is but it made him that little bit more interesting. It was Cal that was described as sexy and lumber jacky which makes me think that we will get to see more of him as the sequel continues. 
Jenna was my favourite because she was funny, sad and confused all at the same time. I loved her spirit.

It did take me a few goes to get into this book but once I did I sped through it.

Thanks For Reading

Em x