Tuesday, 29 December 2015

You Killed me by Keith Gray

17172432Len Grimsby is dead and he blames Toby. When Len's ghost appears at the end of his bed, Toby is taken back in time to see the repercussions of his actions and unravel the series of events that led to Len's death. Can he save Len from being killed? And can he manage not to screw everything else up in the process?












You all know how much I like a book with a moral to the story and this short story has a moral but surprisingly I did not love this story. I picked it up because i was in a bit of a slump and I wanted something easy to read and I suppose it filled both of those needs at only 72 pages I whizzed through it in about ten minutes but I wanted a bit more from it. 

Basically a butterfly effect is set off when Toby drops his cricket bat over a wall.  The story plays out the things that happen as a direct effect of this and some of this is good an some of it is bad.

The story has a sort of Christmas Carol feel when the Marley ghost visits Scrooge which was an interesting way to tell the story.

I am clearly not the target demographic for this story and so I only gave it a 2 star but I do think it wouold be ideal when teaching young children a lesson.

Thanks for Reading

EM xx

emmacoxy88@gmail.com