Sunday, 17 January 2016

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

16101128After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it's the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth's last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie's only hope for rescuing her brother--or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.






This is the second Alien book I have read this year and if they continue being this good then that is what I will read for the rest of 2016. I loved this book. It was exciting and fast paced. 

The story is set in multiple point of views, there are maybe four different ones to keep up with so if you don't like that then you probably won't get on with the 5th wave very well but I thought it was a brilliant way for me to understand what was going without any blank spots. 

Every single character in this book was individual and interesting.

Cassie for Cassiopia was scared and brave, independent and lonely. none of the problems Cassie came across were easy fixes but she struggled through and made the most of every situation. I don't know why all all the girls have to chop off their hair in books though, what is wrong with some bad ass long locks?



Ben/ Zombie - I didn't really like him at first because i thought when he saw Cassie he was going to fall instantly in love with her and all live happily ever after but he exceeded my expectations and he was strong. I liked him because he was human and he thought like a human even with all the alien mumbo jumbo.

Nugget, Sam was adorable the entire way through. Kids are so trusting and he was the vision of innocence. It is a horrible situation for a child to be stuck into but he trusted in Cassie and Ben and kept himself going. 

Ringer is the strong female in this book. I mean Cassie is strong, she survives but ringer kicks ass. I like the connection between her and Zombie and I am excited to see that develop. She hasn't yet smiled and that for me suggests that she has been through more stuff than we understand.

The only thing that really upsets me is that I have had this book sat on my bookshelf for ages and I have only just picked it up. There was absolutely nothing about this book that I didn't like.

I will be ordering the rest of the series. I need Evan Walker and Cassie Sullivan in my life.

I would say if you liked Never Fade and Host then seriously do yourself a favour and pick this up!!!NOW!!!

Thanks For Reading

EM x
emmacoxy88@gmail.com