Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Partials by Dan Wells

12476820I had this book on my TBR list for ages so I took the plunge and picked it up. 

I liked the sciencey stuff that was going on and I felt that the reason for the end of life as we know it was more believable than a lot of other YA dystopia's.
So here is what happened, 11 years ago a virus killed a lot of people and it also made humans unable to produce babies that survived more than 56 hours old. Our main girl Kira works with the newborn babies and decides enough is when her friend gets pregnant. On top of all of that the guys in charge are forcing people to get pregnant.

I thought the world building was great. I believed the surroundings and the reason for all of the actions.

Kira was great,she kept the story going and she was willing to give up everything to save the world. I couldn't help but like her and want her to win. 
Kira has a boyfriend but it doesn't take over the plot and I found this refreshing. I think there maybe move lovey dovey stuff in the second book but we will have to wait and see how that goes.
Other than Kira I was not really interested in any of the other characters, they were all just ok. I appreciate that there were a lot of supporting characters and that they were all trying to be interesting but I think that's where the story failed for me because I didn't connect to any of them.

There is an awful lot going on in this story which was fine. I enjoyed it but when I am looking back on my reads at the end of the year am I going to remember this one? Not at all. 

In all It wasn't bad it wasn't good. It just was

Thanks For Reading

Em x
emmacoxy88@gmail.com