Sunday, 10 April 2016

Paper Butterflies by Lisa Heathfield

29079057


 
I received an invitation to read Paper butterflies by Lisa Heathfield just last week. I read Seed when that was released and absolutely loved it so it made perfect sense to read Paper Butterflies.
 
First off the cover is stunning in similar style to the original Seed cover which I love.
 
June is having a pretty awful time of it at home, the bullying she receives is heart breaking to think that a child of any age has to go through something like that is terrible. June meets a young boy named Blister who accepts June for who she is.
 
I cried more than once reading this story and admittedly I was not mentally prepared for this book at all! I loved that even though June was being treated so badly she could still herself show compassion and caring. She loved Blister and he loved her just as much and this pair will stay in my mind for a very long time to come. There was a complete polar opposite with the two families as well which made what Kathleen was doing to June much worse if that is at all possible. It made me extremely sad to think that June's own father couldn't see what was going on with his little girl. He noticed she was angry and that she didn't like Kathleen but never took the time to find out why and that in itself  is really upsetting.
 
The ending to this book is almost devastating but leaves us with a small glimmer of hope so that we think that maybe June is going to make it but just maybe.
 
The whole story is a real journey from start to finish and not one single page was boring. I would love to add a physical copy or both this book and Seed to my collection.
 
Thanks for Reading
 
EMx