Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

13600168

I have been gone for a while. I had a slump, I couldn't get through books but I am back now Woo!! SO lets get down to it.

This is about a super cool girl named Karou who is an amazing artist and draws all of these strange creatures. Her hair is Blue! Karou disappears on strange errands all the time and doesn't tell anyone anything about them, not even her best friend.

The story is set in Prague and the description of the city is stunning. It has made me want to visit Prague in the winter.
Karou is a cool character, there is a lot going on with her but she handles things with a little help from Brimstone. I liked the relationship between Karou and Brimstone because it was something crazy that I have never read before.

Lets talk about the good things first. 
The story is interesting and mostly imaginative. There were a few parts of the plot that were pretty predictable but there was enough creativity for me to let it slide. The characters are very different and new so that keeps you drawn into the story. There is a lot for you to learn about Karou and the rest of the gang.

The bad bits were not really terrible. I felt that we were given a lot of information in the last third of the book and I think I would have preferred if the information could have been interwoven into the story maybe as another point of view.

I am grateful to the book for helping me out of the slump but I don't think I will carry on with the series.

Thanks for reading 

Emx
emmacoxy88@gmail.com